Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Embroidering - Ain't I a Nerd...

Love love love it!! It's my "secret" hobby. Like working out or playing any kind of sports it also opens the door to another world for me. I totally get lost in this world and forget all the problems and concerns of the real world. The process itself is a reward...it is so calming. Plus I can enjoy the results later. It's like a double reward. The only problem is I don't have the time for it as I used to. Most examples of my creation is back home. Here are some of them:
A simple white cotton bag for shopping. Had nothing on it...totally plain. I decided to make it a bit more fun.

Now this is a cover for a small book or organizer or so. This one is actually 100% made by me...not only the embroidery. There is a horse shoe in the middle that should symbolize good luck.

That's my scarf. It was plain white. I don't like plain boring colors...especially white. That's my least favorite color. But it was a perfect canvas for my fantasy. I just let my imagination go and do it's job. It's the second scarf I've worked on. The other is back home...I gave it to my mum. But to be honest this one is not ready yet. I'm still working on it. Planning to finish it during the Christmas break.


No comments:

Post a Comment